Examining the ongoing challenges of delivering high-quality, value-added ERP services in Higher Education.


Saturday, November 9, 2013

4 Months to HEUG – Presentations Accepted!

I was very excited to learn yesterday that one of my proposals for the Higher Education User Group was accepted to the General Interest track for the Alliance Conference in March 2014. This gives me only EXACTLY four months to come up with a compelling / upbeat story and handsome slides. A smart man would take advantage of this lead time, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I’ll be blogging on March 8th to say I’ve only got a day or two left to prepare...

Last night I tweeted that this kept my seven-year streak of presenting at the HEUG Alliance conference alive… Then I went to update the presentations page on my website and realized that, inexplicably, I didn’t present in 2012! (Made up for it last year with three presentations in three days!)

My presentation will cover our in-progress implementation of Oracle PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and Oracle Business Intelligence, although the focus will be less on the technology details than the decision process leading to the project’s launch, our internal organization and approach, and key strategies that hopefully lead to a successful first launch in November 2014 and major go-live sometime in 2015. It is always tricky to present on anticipated success – I’m not a particularly superstitious guy, but one must fear the jinx! In case any attendees wonder at the constant noise emanating from the lectern, that might be me knocking wood with each forward-looking sentiment.

I was also thrilled to learn that our Exalytics proposal was accepted – in this presentation, we will discuss the two parallel efforts to implement Exalytics at Harvard. The SIS Technical Lead will present our work to implement OBIEE and OBIA Student Information Analytics, while the Hyperion Product Manager will present their project to migrate our large, complex Hyperion Planning and Essbase environment. It’s quite possible I’m more excited for their presentation than my own…

0 Comments:

<< Home