Examining the ongoing challenges of delivering high-quality, value-added ERP services in Higher Education.


Saturday, January 29, 2011

Gearing Up for Spring Conferences

I am excited about presenting for the fourth time at the Higher Education User Group (HEUG) Alliance conference. The cheesy title I picked for this year's presentation? "Dude, Where's My Budget: An Innovative Budget-Entry Solution in Hyperion Planning" (C'mon, you've gotta have a cheesy title to fit in!)

A lot of work remains to whip this story into shape for the mid-February upload deadline, but this year I face an added challenge -- converting this year's presentation into a more in-depth white paper and slightly modified presentation for my appearance two weeks later at the Oracle Applications User Group (OAUG) Collaborate 11 conference in Orlando.

On the face of things, this may seem a little bit like taking two college courses with an overlapping reading list -- but I am trying to think carefully about the unique characteristics of these two audiences. For example, how might the needs of a homogeneous higher education crowd differ from the multiple-vertical audience at OAUG? Should I have more technical emphasis for one group vs. the other?

Plenty to think about in the next 2-4 weeks!

NOTE: Check out my previous HEUG presentations by clicking on Presentations in the menu bar at the top of the page.

0 Comments:

<< Home