Examining the ongoing challenges of delivering high-quality, value-added ERP services in Higher Education.


Thursday, September 13, 2012

OOW 2012 Preview

Last year I blogged about the struggles establishing my schedule for Oracle Open World. Lo and behold, another year gone by, my next flight to San Francisco is only two weeks away, and I find myself in the same quandry. I spent more than an hour sifting through hundreds and hundreds of sessions, yet I feel unsatisfied with my schedule. The current iteration is heavy on E-Business Suite, dips one toe in the water for Fusion Apps, PeopleTools, and EPM, and somehow OBIEE, my personal hobby-horse, hardly makes an appearance. Yet the prospect of opening the schedule builder again is severely unattractive. What to do? Should I start over and put my faith in the automated schedule builder? Farm this out to my team? Wait until I'm onsite and employ the close-eyes-and-point technique?

Here is what I've got so far -- what should go?
  • Oracle Scorecard and Strategy Management: The Un-Scorecard Manual
  • Oracle Fusion Middleware in Higher Education
  • Higher Education User Group (HEUG) Update
  • Oracle OpenWorld Welcome Keynote: Oracle and Fujitsu
  • Oracle OpenWorld Keynote: Shift Complexity
  • Oracle WebCenter Strategy: Engaging Your Customers. Empowering Your Business
  • General Session: Executive Briefing on Oracle's EPM Strategy and Roadmap
  • General Session: A Panel of Masterminds: Where Are Oracle Applications Headed?
  • Oracle Financials: Strategy, Update, and Roadmap
  • Oracle iProcurement for Dramatic Business Performance Improvement Across the Enterprise
  • Achieving Business Transformation with Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Applications
  • Oracle Fusion Applications: Technical Architecture Deep Dive
  • Experience Procure-to-Pay Transformation with Oracle Payables 12.1
  • Oracle OpenWorld Keynote: Oracle and Infosys
  • Boost Oracle Hyperion EPM Reporting ROI with Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite
  • Oracle OpenWorld Keynote: Oracle and Intel
  • General Session: How and Where Oracle Is Investing in Education and Research
  • Personalize and Extend Oracle E-Business Suite Applications with Rich Mashups
  • Five Reasons to Upgrade to PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.52
  • Mobile Solutions for Oracle E-Business Suite Applications: Technical Insight
  • Oracle OpenWorld Keynote: See More, Act Faster: Oracle Business Analytics
  • Integrating Oracle EPM and Oracle ERP: Options and Implementation Examples
  • Improve Efficiency in Receivables with Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1
  • Cut Costs by as Much as 90 Percent with Accounts Payable Automation

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

<< Home